Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Close up of Thomas' Quilt

 
I wish I had the picture of the original quilt. It truly was something extra ordinary!




For each column two different fabrics are used. Total of 36 different fabrics were used and to avoid copying the original, this was made on a larger scale. With out a doubt, some of us long time quilters would have to do a lot of 'unlearning' if we wanted to replicate his quilt. We all know how hard that is!

Hope this answers any questions you might have.

2 comments:

  1. very interesting, I love that the squares are not lined up!

    great, great idea!!!!
    I am going to see if I can find any info on him, maybe that quilt is somewhere on line...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and inspiring!! A great scrap idea!!..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...